First of all , let me share a bit about what is LGM-SOC’21.
LGM — SOC is an online program designed to encourage student participation in open source software development under the guidance of mentors from the open-source community. As it’s the present demand and students’ need, so we come with LGM-SOC. : letsgrowmore.in
I found this open-source…
• They will keep doing enjoyment, you should start doing coding, DSA, designing, whatever your dream is✌️
• They will keep procrastinating, you should start start acting👏
• They will keep laughing at your denial of academics (imp as well) to do coding and DSA, you should keep moving😎
• They will keep scrolling Instagram liking tasty food, you should think how to build presence on LinkedIn🤔
• They will be in denial mode always, you should think of how to act on feedbacks🤷🏼♂️
• They will keep asking for referrals, your connections will be open to refer you anytime😏
What special thing can we do as a programmer to standout ourselves from others to shortlist our resume?
Any one of these will help:
1. Made an android/ios app that is live on the play store. More number of downloads will be a great plus.
2. Made a website that has a link and is live. More number of daily active users will be a great plus.
3. A star competitive programmer having great rating on online coding platforms like CodeChef, CodeForces etc.
4. Made a great machine learning project with a live demo on GitHub. Having a good rating on GitHub will be a great plus.
5. Have participated in open source contributions through GSOC etc.
Choose the one and do which maximum people are not able to do. That will help you stand out.
Good luck :)
After one rat race (JEE) 🐀
I have successfully entered the next one (College Placements) 🐀
As I have interacted with many people placed in decent companies (thanks to LinkedIn) 🤞🏻
I have observed that competition was not tough back then, and they have agreed to that as well.😐
Students have searched for “JEE in X months”
now it has changed to “FAANG in x months” 🤷♂️
There were roadmaps for IIT,
now there are roadmaps for Placements.😐
Students were asking which books to do for JEE
now, they are asking which coding platform to use 🤷♂️
JEE coaching was…
People go crazy about #FAANG ( Facebook , Amazon , Apple , Netflix , Google) but there are many other alternatives that you should consider.
Some of them are having excellent work-culture and you can get upto 60–80 LPA package or may be more. 🚀
Here is a random list of such companies:
3. Jp Morgan & Co
5. Goldman Sachs
7. D.E. Shaw
16. Morgan Stanley
19. Tower Research Capital
24. Zeta Suite
25. Razor Pay
DSA VS COMPETITIVE CODING :-
This question never gets old. I gave it a thought and have prepared an analogy to understand their relationship better.
Lets us say that DSA is the skill of driving and competitive programming is the skill of racing, and the employer requires a driver.
1. If you aim to get the job, you should know how to drive.
2. Racing is just a sport, but cannot be done if you don’t know driving beforehand.
3. For becoming a driver, you need to know more than just driving a car, hence a pro racer might actually…
I am so glad to find that you work at *****.
Could you please give me a referral for SDE at *****? It will speedup the timeline of my interview process.
This is me in short:-
I am currently pursuing my Bachelor’s from *****.
Taking about my Technical skills, I am skilled in Data Structures and Algorithms. I have solved more than **** problems on LeetCode…
1. 𝗦𝘁𝗼𝗽𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗸 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗲𝘁𝗶𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗺𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴
- If you are into CP, then this website may help.
- You can keep all your coding profile links in one place.
- Know about the upcoming contests on various coding platforms.
2. 𝗗𝗲𝘃𝗳𝗼𝗹𝗶𝗼. 𝗰𝗼 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗮𝗰𝗸𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗻𝘀
- If you like to participate in hackathons, then this website is for you.
- This website list many upcoming hackathons.
3. 𝗔𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗹 .𝗰𝗼 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘂𝗽 𝗷𝗼𝗯𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗻𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗽𝘀.
- This website helps in finding jobs and internships in startups.
4. 𝗥𝗲𝘀𝘂𝗺𝗲𝗪𝗼𝗿𝗱𝗲𝗱 .𝗰𝗼𝗺 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗴𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝗻𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗱𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸𝘀 𝗼𝗻 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘂𝗺𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗟𝗶𝗻𝗸𝗲𝗱𝗜𝗻 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗳𝗶𝗹𝗲.
- This website helps you in reviewing your resume and LinkedIn profile.